Tuesday, April 16, 2024

 IMAGES IN MY GARDEN – EARLY APRIL 2024

I’ve been taking many pictures of birds on my feeders in recent days and in particular a pair of Goldfinches that have visited at least twice a day between about 11.00 am and midday and again around 3.30pm. It just so happened that I was lucky to be at the kitchen window when they visited. A male House Sparrow came with the Goldfinches, and the Robin has been several times.  In addition, during a recent warm spell of weather, I photographed a Sun Fly at my wildlife pond, but missed an opportunity to photograph a (probable) teneral Large Red Damselfly which I saw alight on my garden fence momentarily, before disappearing - but I’ve assumed that it was newly emerged from the pond, and is the earliest record of this species anywhere (as I usually get to see my first adult male insect around the end of April most years, though away from my garden).

ROBIN

HOUSE SPARROW

GOLDFINCH

GOLDFINCHES

GOLDFINCH

GOLDFINCH

SUN FLY

GREAT TIT


No comments:

Post a Comment

25 APRIL 2024 - MALE SPARROWHAWK IN GARDEN I had just taken a few shots of the Grey Squirrel that has been frequenting my garden of late a...