Tuesday, April 30, 2024

29 APRIL 2024 - THROUGH THE ‘LOOKING GLASS’

The ‘Looking Glass’ in this context being my kitchen window, where in recent days, I’ve captured some excellent photos of various species of birds and even the nuptial behaviour of a pair of Grey Squirrels.

However, arguably the best sighting came yesterday morning when I just happened to glance in the direction of the feeders and saw a male Greenfinch pecking away at the sunflower seeds. Nothing untoward about that one might claim, but these days Greenfinches are increasingly uncommon visitors to our gardens, and in fact this one was the very first one to be seen in my garden since I moved to Bishops Stortford in 2002. So, for me, a bit of a red-letter day!!

GREENFINCH

GREENFINCH

BLUE TIT

BLUE TIT

BLUE TIT

GREY SQUIRREL

GREY SQUIRREL

HOUSE SPARROW

HOUSE SPARROW

WOODPIGEON







No comments:

Post a Comment

MID-MAY 2024 - IN THE GARDEN I’ve been very active in terms of garden photography in recent weeks, with a fantastic array of wildlife from...